One of the reasons I have not been regularly blogging is because I found out in early September that I was pregnant with triplets and it has been a bit overwhelming. We went through many of the stages of grief I guess – not because we were sad, just because it was quite shocking news to receive. While we were trying to have a baby, we weren’t trying to have 3 at once! After the news was broken to us at the 10 week ultrasound, I mourned the loss of skiing through my 7th month of pregnancy and really, just being a normal pregnant person! We’ve totally accepted the triplets now and are even excited (terrified, but excited!). It is quite a unique and special thing to have “spontaneous triplets.” Look that up if you feel the need to ask “are they natural?” It’s like being part of a special club? I think! Anyway, because I miss the old days of adventuring, I thought I’d make a list of all the cool things the triplets have done in utero:
- Rode Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Van Sickle, and the Bench
- Downhill mountain biking at Northstar
- 3rd Place at the 4th Annual Angora Lakes Triathlon
- A lot of sailing on Lake Tahoe
- Learned to be a pretty good waterskier!
- Whitewater kayaked a few Class 3 runs
- Rode the Downieville Downhill
- 3 day backpacking trip in the Hoover Wilderness
- Ran 4 miles in the Chicago Marathon
- Surfed in Santa Cruz
- Sailed in the SF Bay
- Road bike ride in the Oakland Hills
- Skied at Mammoth, Heavenly, and Kirkwood (7 resort days)
- Backcountry skis at Carson Pass and Echo Lakes
- Swam a lot of yards – still doing this!
- Mountain biked Corral loop, Tahoe Mountain, and Powerlines
I still have a few weeks till my 3rd trimester as technically I’m 25 weeks pregnant, but things happen a lot faster with triplets. They say add anywhere from 10-14 weeks so if that is true, I look and feel like someone due in about a week! The goal is to make it as close to 36 weeks as possible. Most pregnancies are 40 weeks. I’m slowing down quite a bit and walking and swimming seem to feel the best at this point. But at this point, the triplets have been exposed to quite the variety of outdoor sports and should be pretty well rounded athletes! I’ve been debating whether or not to start a triplet specific blog or just momentarily cover this journey here. I think the most interesting thing will be the comeback so I’m leaning towards business as usual on meghankellyteles.com. If you have an opinion, let me know!